We have 7 registered users
The newest registered user is Skalio

Our users have posted a total of 189 messages in 23 subjects
Top posting users this month

The Break Room

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Break Room

Post by Zahnt on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:53 pm

Pretty sure this is the room where people go when they're on break. There are a bunch of chairs on either side of a table, snack machines, pop machines, a refrigerator, and a microwave.
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Break Room

Post by Zahnt on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:02 pm

Vincent sat in one of the chairs around the table in the center of the room. All his focus was on the 3DS he held in his hands. It was the special Zelda edition; it was gold with a triforce on it. The game that was currently running on the small console was Ocarina of Time. Vincent wasn't doing anything particularly intense, though he seemed extremely wired. He was trying to beat his fastest time racing around the pen at Lon Lon Ranch. As he neared the final jump before the finish line, the young officer suddenly went berserk, loudly yelling "OH! OH! OH!" as he jumped up out of his chair. But as he did so, the chair flipped backwards, and one of the legs hit Vincent's elbow in just the right place to send a tingling sensation throughout his entire arm. "Owww!" he exclaimed, his fingers fumbling on his 3DS, causing him to fail in setting a new high score. "Oh come on! I almost had it..." Vincent stared down at the chair, and kicked it, before he picked it back up and says back down, once again busying himself with his game.
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Nikolai had just got his new orders. To enter this police station. In this city. To hold off the dirty scum hiding out in the slums, as well as the smarter ones. The ones with well organized plans, and illegal work. His job was literally like the one of a daily cop, which he felt really unhappy with. Luckily, since the elite had refused to wear one of those horrible uniforms, he got to keep his own camo-clothing, along with his gloves and military boots.
He always held his sidearm holstered on his thigh. He refused to put that away, as well, and once again got his demands fulfilled.
It surprised him how cooperative the command was at this station. They were either fools, or really desperate. Nikolai couldn't tell the difference though. The man hadn't really been in this country for the longest time either, which limited his skills greatly. If he told anyone he knew exactly what his job was, however, that wasn't a lie. There were bits and bobs he had no idea what meant, but he had understood what to do, clearly.
The tall figure grabbed around the doorknob entering the break room, where he was welcomed by the sound of a chair falling over. Eyeing the culprit of the commotion, he noticed him playing a game on some kind of device. Feeling annoyance build up inside him, he tightened his hand around his own fingers. The thought of someone looking at this kind of job as nothing but fun had reached him, but he managed to come to terms with himself that this did not have to be the case with this fellow. However, he was not about to just leave him there all by himself at the table. Walking up to where he was sitting, he roughly pulled out one of the chairs on the other end of the table, making it creak as he did so, before nearly falling back into it.
His green eyes was digging at the officer in front of him, however this pose did not stay up for long. Picking up his trusty sidearm, he pushed the magazine release, allowing the bullets and their holder to slide out of the bottom. He let it fall into his hand, before he gently put it on the table. A calm aura surrounded him. It was kind of eerie however. Grabbing each side of the slide, he pulled it back, checking ejection port if there were any bullets remaining inside the barrel. In this case, there were none. He flicked the decocking lever, sending the slide forward in a loud click.
As he put his scraped, and damaged gun on the table beside its magazine, he looked at the man across from him again, raising an eyebrow at the look of disappointment he wore. Leaning forward, he held his hand out, offering a handshake as a greeting.
"I am Belenski, Nikolai. I shall be working with you forward, comrade. It might happen that I will give you orders too. So be ready for this." He said in the deepest Russian accent one could imagine, his R's rolling in a broken type of English. He knew he had to get to know there people as best he could before anything happened. A lot depended on it. He knew a lot of the decisions he were to make in the future would be decided from the very start, so he needed to at least start by talking to someone. This officer seemed to be suitable, as he seemed little interested in social interaction at the moment.
Kirith
Admin

View user profile http://realmofeliminators.nightforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahnt on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:58 pm

Vincent momentarily glanced up from his game as a man entered the room and walked over to sit down across from him. Vincent messed around with his game for a little while, occasionally looking up as the man unloaded his gun. The younger officer began to wonder who he was; he couldn't recall ever seeing this person at the station before. When he heard the man speak, Vincent set his 3DS down on the table before grabbing the hand the man had extended towards him. The man spoke with the thickest Russian accent Vincent had ever heard, and he found it slightly difficult to understand what he had said. "Hiii! I'm Vincent! Nice to meet you" he said, his French accent noticeable but not nearly as heavy as Nikolai's. "Are you from Russia? You sure traveled a long way to come over here! I came from Canada, Quebec to be specific, and Montreal to be even more specific! They have good hockey over in Russia right?" Vincent, now fully interested in conversing with Nikolai, began talking and asking questions faster than anyone could ever hope to respond to them, completely oblivious to the fact that he was most likely annoying the man.
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:37 pm

To Nikolai's interest, this when this guy put away his game of something, he became this blabber machine of words that the man had difficulty to understand. The transaction from his earlier behavior shocked the Russian slightly. What he did understand, was the fact that his name was Vincent, that he was from Canada somewhere. Montreal. A word this man had no chance in pronouncing. And something about hockey. This guy was filled with energy. It was kind of special.
After squeezing his hand tightly, but friendly, the man let go of the younger officer, and leaned back in a poorly mannered way.
"I come from Russia, yes. Been here for while though. It is safer than Russian borders." He answered mostly the only question he heard, but he was guessing Vincent had asked about hockey in Russia as well. "Hockey, eh? Yes, lot of money in gambling back in my country. Where I come from, I don't watch for sport." He chuckled, feeling a bit out of place, as he hadn't heard everything the other man had said.
A minute went by before Nikolai's expression had changed, and he leaned a bit forward, placing his elbow on table. Now, he was glad that this guy's name was easy to pronounce.
"Tell me, Vincent. How is work here, eh? Are they just short, easy...
Or are they big, as if you only want it to be over with, but it never ends? How is this... City?"
It was a simple question, but with a grim background. He was interested in learning about his new workplace as well.
His expression was idle. It showed he was being serious, but also that the previous chuckle still hung on him. A friendly look, one would say.
Kirith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahnt on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:04 am

Vincent listened as the man answered his questions, then asked one of his own. "Oh...I don't really know. I just joined here a few days ago, but there is this one guy who wears a mask and goes around killing people just for the sport of it. Nobody knows his name, or where he comes from, though he's been going at this little game of his for quite some time. There's also this hooded lady seen joining in with him sometimes. Those two are the ones the station is trying to hunt down right now, especially that masked guy. I'm kind of surprised they haven't caught him yet, or even gotten any info on him since he goes around killing in the streets fairly often. When we show up to stop him, he always gets away, even killing a few of us sometimes. I've never seen him myself, because they say I'm too young, inexperienced, stupid, and all that other stuff. And they're right, I would probably get killed" he explained, ending off with a bit of humor. "I really don't get his deal though. Who in their right mind would expect to go out night after night without getting caught? Though I suppose he could be out of his right mind." Vincent sighed and rested his hand on his 3DS, looking at Nikolai and wondering what his response would be.
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:55 am

Nikolai listened closely to Vincent's reply. His job made more sense now. Of course he wasn't sent to a place where criminality was at an average level. The Russian had understood almost everything of what the other man had said, though he didn't really seem to find anything of it funny. Leaning back again, slowly this time, he seemed to grab for something in his front pocket. He brought out a decent sized, rectangular metal box which he clicked open. Inside, lay four cigars. He picked out one, and bit over the end of it, holding it with his teeth while he fished out a lighter as well. "Do you mind..?" He asked, but didn't really await an answer before he lighted it, and puffed in some smoke, before letting it back out in a sigh.
He understood the fact that Vincent was in danger of getting killed if he went out to catch this guy. Then again, everyone did. He had already killed some officers, after all.
"So there is a murderer on streets... A ghost?" He spoke silently, now holding the cigar between his fingers. A line of white smoke slowly lifted from the tip, before dispersing in the air. "Where is the latest place of this masked man's crime, comrade? Do you know?" He inquired. He had no idea who this masked man could be either way, so he would at least try to get as much information out of the ones that knew something as possible. He understood he would be put on the case for this guy, as soon as he was out and about murdering again.
Kirith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahnt on Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:15 pm

Vincent watched and waited as the man pulled out a cigar and lit it, asking if he minded but not really waiting for an answer. He listened as Nikolai gave him another question. "Yeah...it was about an hour ago, near the hair salon, if you know where that is. They found that they had killed a mother and her child, four men, and... And four of us, when we got there..." Vincent explained, his gaze dropping a bit. "By they, I mean the girl was with him too..." He sighed, and stared down at the table for a moment. How could two people be so well-trained, so stealthy to kill eleven people in such a short amount of time and get away, even with the number of officers they had sent. "We keep sending more and more to try and stop them, but the more of us we send, the more of us they kill... They're just unstoppable..."
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:54 pm

Nikolai listened in at the other officer again, taking continuous puffs of the cigar between his long finger, index and thumb. He had no chance to finish the thing where they were sitting now anyways, so before responding, the man licked one of his fingers, and touched the embers at the tip of the cigar to put it out, before he put it back into the box in his pocket. "Vincent... Listen to me." He said, leaning on his own knees. "People like these have some kind of... Illness. Ohkey? Fear them, and they get the better for you. Your life ends. See?" "He spoke in a serious tone, grabbing his pistol and magazine, before reloading it, and putting it back in its holster. The Russian got up from his chair, looking back at the exit.
It was truly horrible that these two people had mercilessly killed a child. He had heard of people like this before, but never had he encountered one. Let alone, two.
Making a 'ksst' sound, he whipped with his head slightly, motioning for the officer he had been talking with to follow him.
"I do not know this place well, so uh... Why not... You show me around? Perhaps we'll just stumble over the last place they were, eh? I can teach you a thing or two about not letting death take you on the way.
-I need comrade I can trust with me. So, what you say?"
He said, his voice still speaking with completely broken grammar.
Kirith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahnt on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:09 pm

Vincent looked up when he heard the older man say his name. He listened closely, and thought about what he had heard. An illness... Vincent immediately thought of insanity, but it could very well be something else. Just thinking of facing someone as dangerous as this psychopathic masked man was terrifying, let alone facing him and his partner. These thoughts were pushed away for a moment as Nikolai gathered his things, then got up. The young officer got up himself when he was asked to, grabbing his game console. "I say let's go!" Vincent walked over to the exit of the room, "And you said you can teach me things? That's awesome! Nobody ever really pays much attention to me here, so I never learned a lot. Oh, but I do know how to play hockey! I used to be on a team back in Canada when I was younger, and even now I still skate sometimes. I wanted to keep playing hockey but my dad wanted me to work here instead. He is one of the commanders here, very high up and respected. I wonder if I'll ever make it that far?" Vincent began his usual chattering as he walked out of the break room with Nikolai.

(I guess we can just go to the streets now, and look around? xD)
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:26 pm

Nikolai chuckled slightly as Vincent agreed to go with him outside, and once again his chatting rose to a level which was probably its peak. He let him speak on as they walked together. Yes, this man was really interested in his hockey. 'Canadians...' he simply thought to himself. The only thing that gave him a nagging feeling was the fact that this man had probably never had plans of becoming an officer. This young man was truly annoying, but he wasn't all that irritated about it. "So. Where are we off to go?" He inquired, probably cutting off Vincent's blabbering.
Kirith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahnt on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:57 pm

Vincent stopped his yapping when Nikolai asked where they were going to go. "Oh! Do you want to go and see the place where those two were out tonight? I know where it is, and I can take you there if you want. I just hope they aren't still out on the streets..." He thought for a moment of all the things that could possibly happen if just one of the killers still happened to be out, waiting for their next victim. Vincent glanced at Nikolai, and then began to lead the way out of the station, and to a car outside. "I guess I'll drive, since I know where the place is" he said, and got into the car. Soon he was driving down the streets of the city to investigate a deadly crime scene with someone he had just met.
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:55 pm

Nikolai sinply nodded as Vincent said they could go to have a look at the scene of crime if they wanted to. Surely, he'd go have a look. That'd probably mean they would stumble upon some other officers looking for evidence or anything to latch onto, considering the fact that it had only been about an hour ago, according to the younger officer. A couple of questions hung at the Russian's shoulders, but he decided to wait with them until they were properly out on the streets.
Following Vincent outside, he'd get in the car with him, closing the door behind him.
"Step on it, comrade."
Kirith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top