The newest registered user is Skalio

Our users have posted a total of 189 messages in 23 subjects
Top posting users this month

-Streets of Skaarsgard City-

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: -Streets of Skaarsgard City-

Post by Zahnt on Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:28 pm

As Vincent began wandering around in the direction he had pointed, his worry grew. He nearly jumped with surprise when Nikolai grabbed him and made him stop. The younger man simply stated at him, waiting for him to say something. After the Russian had spoken, Vincent stood there in silence for a moment. "Oh yeah..." he mumbled, his cheeks growing hot with embarrassment at his own stupidity. As the Canadian fumbled around in his pockets for the car keys, Nikolai began speaking again. Vincent, looked up from finding the keys and nodded. "Yeah" he replied, finally grabbing the keys. He then pressed the button that would cause the car to make noise, then started walking in that direction. Once he reached the car and got inside, Vincent thought about what Nikolai had said to him. 'You can't think, or plan against your enemies without a mind.' The Canadian sighed, running a hand through his dark brown hair. When he glanced in the rearview mirror at himself, his hair appeared to be black instead. "Disguise..." he whispered to himself, grinning.
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:14 pm

Nikolai watched Vincent as he fished his car keys out of his pockets, and clicked the lock button. Somewhere, not too far a way, the beep of the cop car went off, and the emergency lights flickered. The Russian followed the younger man as he walked towards the car, which felt more and more like a sanctuary as he approached, but he knew better. Of course they wouldn't be completely safe in a car. Nikolai didn't feel scared though. Stepping inside the vehicle, he looked over at Vincent. "Are we heading back, comrade? Or are you thinking of something else?"
Kirith
Admin

View user profile http://realmofeliminators.nightforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahnt on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:04 am

Vincent, who had started to make retarded faces at himself in the mirror, didn't hear the Russian at first. Only when he began squishing his cheeks did he realize Nikolai had said something. "Oh, uh... I was just going to go back" he replied, now assuming a more normal facial expression. After starting the car, Vincent held still for a moment. "How are we gonna catch these guys? Do you even think we can?" he asked, his voice surprisingly serious. The older man had already given him some invaluable advice... He was bound to have an idea about this, right?
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:42 pm

Nikolai watched with a slightly amused expression as Vincent made all different kinds of faces in the mirror of the police vehicle. Leaning back in the seat, he put his hand out the door, and stubbed his cigar before putting it back in his pocket. Afterwards, he turned to look at Vincent, as he seemed to speak about going back, followed by a question. Two, for a matter of fact. He held his breath for but a moment, before letting air out in a heavy sigh, thinking about what he could answer. "Well... I don't know how... Yet.
We must trust in more people than you and me only. But mostly ourself, of course."
He said in his broken English, taking a moment to let what he had said sink in for his friend. "What do you think, Comrade? Do you feel scared by their... Brutal intimidation?" He asked, a friendly sneer on his face.
Kirith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahnt on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:57 am

Vincent listened with a slightly frightened curiosity as the Russian began to reply to his questions. Trust other people, but trust mostly yourself? The younger man didn't quite understand the concept completely, but oh well. He wiggled in the seat a bit as Nikolai then asked him if the murderers' form of intimidation scared him. "Oh, uh, me? Scared? I don't think you really know me well enough, do you?" Vincent stuttered, giving a nervous laugh and gently punching Nikolai in the shoulder. Not only was the Canadian bad at being brave, he was also bad at pretending to be brave. "Eh heh... Anyways, uh, shouldn't we get ba-" Vincent began coughing after his voice cracked. "B-back now?" he finished. "Are we gonna do any other stuff about these guys when we get back? Research or anything?" he asked, glancing in the rearview mirror before turning his attention back to the man beside him.
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:59 pm

Nikolai almost burst out laughing when Vincent said what he did. After the punch in his shoulder, he couldn't contain himself anymore, and the laughter poured out of him. Somehow, as well, he found it very amusing how the young man's voice cracked at the end. He was a bit young, Nikolai understood that. But sometimes, fresh thoughts, and a scared instinct was really needed. If he was too scared though, he could set them both in danger. But at the moment, Nikolai felt like there would be no threat nearby. The Russian placed his elbows on his knees, staring out the front window. Though the man was big, he had enough space in the car when the seat was fully rolled back to do this.
He pondered upon Vincent's question, about investigation.
"Ah, Comrade. I be skilled at finding traces, but putting them together? Ahhh, not so much." He laughed at his own remark, and leaned back in the car. Wondering what they could do next. "All the evidence is probably away, taken by feds." He added, although he knew he was part of them now, he knew he also wouldn't get access to it. Making a "BWAH" sound, he gently hit Vincent in the back with a flat hand. "Defending yourself, Vincent! Or attacking, whatever? Do you know how?" He pulled out his pistol, and held it under Vincent's chin. "If someone who is not me, did this action to you. What would you do, Comrade?" Nikolai was trying to scare him slightly, but of course, he had taken the precautions of removing the magazine, and making sure the barrel was empty. He pressed the trigger, and the gun simply clicked. Chuckling once again, the Russian excused himself for doing what he did. "Alright, for me, we have three options, Vincent my friend. One, we go back to the station, and wait for these murderers to pop out somewhere. Two. We go to some place where we can train. Safe place be good to have. And three. We go somewhere and have drink, da? Me, I'd like the third option." He said in a normal tone, feeling his surge for a good old vodka right there and then.
Kirith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahnt on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:13 pm

Vincent continued to laugh nervously as Nikolai burst out laughing. The Canadian watched in silence as the older man leaned forward on his knees, thinking for a moment before responding to his question. Vincent laughed with Nikolai, who then slapped him on the back. Before he knew what was happening, Nikolai had shoved his pistol beneath his chin. Vincent's face lost all signs of his previous cheerfulness as he stared at the Russian, terror in his eyes. What would he do if someone else did this to him? "U-uh..." he stuttered in a barely audible voice as Nikolai pulled the trigger harmlessly, and pulled the gun away. Vincent eyed Nikolai with apprehension as he went on to give him three options on what to do next, heavily suggesting that they go for a drink. "Oh, uh, a drink? That's, um... Yeah... I can't. I'm still underage..." the young man said, stumbling over the words. "Buy if you want to, we can... Then I can drive you back" he added, not wanting to stop Nikolai from having a drink.
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:15 pm

The Russian man frowned slightly when Vincent said he was underage. Nikolai hadn't realized just how young he was. He was almost that old, when Vincent was born. Well, not quite. Sighing, the man lifted his shoulders in a shrug, then his hand before sitting back in the passenger seat. "Alright, Comrade. We can go for quick drink, then we go back. But I still want to see you fight. Or shoot. They have shooting range at station, yes?" He said slowly, trying to speak correctly. When Nikolai said a quick drink, he often drank a pint, or even more. But they didn't have to stay there for long either way. Suddenly, the Russian snapped his fingers, quite loudly. "What do you think Vincent? I don't need vodka all that much. Who am I kidding, course I do." He joked, now putting the magazine back in his pistol for safety reasons. "The choice is yours Comrade. Drinking isn't always as fun without good friends!" He said in a surprisingly cheery voice, smiling broadly. The smile faded quickly though. 'Smoke.' The words brushed past his mind like a breath of the wind. He shook it off, and turned his attention back to Vincent, deciding it was time he was a bit more gentle with him, even though he was not very familiar with acting that way.
"And. Comrade." He began, putting his hand on the cop's shoulder. "Do not worry, eh? I joke a lot. Long time since I talked to friends. I got your back if a thing go bad." He said, trying to sound reassuring, but his voice probably cut it off as a joke. His expression had nothing but seriousness on it though.
Moving his arm again, Nikolai looked out the windshield again while leaning on his arm.
"You can go to what you like." He said in his dark voice, making sure his weapon was safely secured in his belt.
Kirith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahnt on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:40 pm

Vincent waited while Nikolai spoke, and nodded in response to his question. Almost subconsciously, Vincent's hand reached to where his gun lay on his belt, and lightly brushed his hand over it. Vincent glanced in the mirrors of the car, then back to Nikolai as he joked about not needing vodka. Vincent wondered what vodka tasted like. He had heard it was strong, and felt like it burned. Seeming to have mostly forgotten about having an empty gun held to his chin a few minutes ago, the Canadian laughed at Nikolai's next comment. Once both of the officers became quiet, Vincent tried to think of where the nearest bar was. He thought there was one just up the road, The Tall Biscuit or whatever. He became so absorbed in his thoughts that Nikolai's hand on his shoulder startled him a bit. Vincent turned to look at Nikolai, who told him not to worry. The Canadian nodded, smiling. Once the man motioned for him to go, Vincent started the car, and began to drive down the road. Barely a minute had passed before he saw the bar, where he parked outside. "All right, that wasn't far" he commented, turning the car off and opening the door to get out. Once he had put the keys in his pocket, he stood and waited for Nikolai to join him.
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:10 am

Nikolai felt a slight pull at his body as the Police car started moving forward, but none the less it wasn't a place very far off they were heading. Only a minute or so, and they were there. Nikolai got out of the car, and quickly slammed the door shut behind him. He looked up at the bar name, and chuckled at the name. Strange. He wondered what kind of weirdos who came up with the name, but quickly put the thought aside, and walked up to the door, quickly pushing it open. He was happy he got to have a drink, as he a like his mind needed it more than his body did. Walking straight up to the bar, avoiding the other people spending their evening there, he sat at one of the stools, and waved at Vincent to sit with him. Lifting his hand, and doing some kind of strange salute, the person behind the counter quickly slipped up in front of him, asking him what he was having. He ordered a big Vodka, but they told him they only served shots. He sighed, and thought for a moment. "Give me shot glass, and bottle of vodka." Getting what he ordered, he paid them, and quickly uncapped the bottle. He filled the small glass without spilling a single drop, and quickly poured the strong alcohol down his throat without his face even flinching. Placing the shot glass aside, he took a quick sip from the bottle, and leaned against the bar counter, waiting for Vincent to join him.
Kirith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahnt on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:31 am

Vincent followed Nikolai into the Tall Biscuit, wondering who came up with that name for a bar. Oh well. What a creative soul. The young man gazed around curiously as he entered the building. He had never been in a bar before, though he had somewhat of an idea of what it would be like. He continued to follow Nikolai, and sat down beside him, watching with interest as he told the bartender what he wanted. An entire bottle of that Russian water. How nice. Vincent stated as Nikolai drank first from the shot glass, then from the actual bottle. "What does it taste like?" he inquired, his accent noticeable.
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:45 am

Nikolai mused at Vincent as he asked him what it tastes like. Nikolai thought for a moment. "Licorice." He answered quite simply. But that was probably just how he personally tasted it, as he had been drinking for years. Now looking away again, Nikolai was about to drink more from the bottle, but instead filled a few drops into the shot glass, before pushing it over to Vincent. "Try it." He said, knowing that an amount like that would stop a person from asking what Vodka tastes like, as it burns horribly when drinking the first time. "It's not much, so you can drive again after. No problem." Nikolai was waiting for him to choke on the liquid, while the Russian was simply sitting there, now taking a few chugs from the bottle. His mind felt fuzzy when he did that, something he liked. Though it meant he was drinking it too fast, he didn't really care. After taking those chugs, he looked at Vincent, awaiting the reaction of his evening.
Kirith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahnt on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:00 am

Licorice? It couldn't be that bad then, right? Vincent didn't particularly like the taste of licorice, but it wasn't horrible. He was surprised when Nikolai poured some vodka from the bottle into the glass and pushed it towards him, encouraging him to try it. Vincent looked at the Russian, then at the glass, and grabbed it. The young man held the glass in front of him for a few seconds, then lifted it to his mouth and drank from it. The minute he managed to swallow the liquid, Vincent began coughing. The vodka had burned terribly in the back of his throat. He set the glass down with more force than necessary as he tried to stop coughing and spluttering. Once he was able to calm down, he looked at Nikolai. "V-vodka eh? That's... that's nice..." he said weakly, offering a smile despite his throat still burning.
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:12 am

Nikolai watched with awe as Vincent brought the shot glass up to his lips, and drank the contents. As he started coughing, the Russian laughed silently, not to grab any unwanted attention. Drinking more from his bottle, Nikolai gently patted Vincent on the back. "I'll say, kid. You have got guts." He complimented, smiling. "I don't really like alcohol, but I find peace beside. So. I guess I do like alcohol?" He questioned himself, and sat the bottle down on the counter, already having downed quite a bit from the bottle. "You learn to find out that alcohol is good friend when you're in my business." He chuckled, and grabbed the bottle again to take a sip. Looking at the younger cop again, he was still taking that "sip".
There was something on the Russians mind actually.
"Ey, Comrade. Why did you become cop, eh? The good heart?" A slight chuckle escaped him as he finished his question, and now he set down the bottle for a good break, so his body could process the alcohol... Not that it was a good thing.
Kirith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahnt on Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:06 am

Vincent smiled even wider as Nikolai laughed and patted him on the back, commenting about his bravery. Now that he was able to relax, the young man leaned his arms forward on the bar counter, looking around. He soon heard Nikolai's voice again, who seemed to almost be talking to himself, saying something about not liking alcohol, but liking it. Vincent found it to be funny, and laughed quietly. After the Russian had taken another drink, he asked Vincent what made him join the police force. "Oh, my dad, really. He's one of the high-ranking officers here, and he wants me to be like him, I guess" the Canadian explained. "To be honest, I didn't really want to. I used to play hockey, and that's what I wanted to keep doing, but..." his voice trailed off; surprisingly enough Vincent didn't know what to say after that, so he simply stated at Nikolai, waiting to see what he would say in reponse.
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:30 am

Nikolai listened in to Vincent's story, and he frowned as he stopped talking. The Russian used one of his fingers to point, but he didn't actually point at anything. "-Someone made choice for you." He guessed, and tapped his fingers at the counter. Things like this was not new to him, finding place in his past as well. "Your father. He sound like good man." Nikolai said, and grabbed the bottle of vodka again. "Comrade. Are you happy with the things he done for you?" He asked before once again drinking, forgetting about this "break" he was having. Before Vincent could answer his question, he stared at the bottle. "Ugh. This Vodka is worst Vodka I ever taste..." He quickly brought it up to his mouth again though. "Still good..." He grinned, and took a sip, before turning his attention back to Vincent, wondering what he would reply.
Kirith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahnt on Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:33 pm

Vincent nodded as Nikolai finished for him. The Russian was correct in his guess; it had been Vincent's father who decided for him what he would do. Oh well. It wasn't like it was a horrible decision. The young man listened as Nikolai went on, asking a question. Vincent was about to reply, but before he could, the Russian made another comment about the vodka. Something about it being bad but still good? Vincent stared at the bottle, his brown eyes revealing dislike. He began to wonder how Nikolai could handle drinking that stuff without choking. He shook his head, thinking back to the question he had been stopped from answering. "My dad... He's a good guy and everything, you know? This job isn't bad, but it's not exactly what I had in mind..." Vincent sighed. "Oh well. I guess you just do what you have to?"
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:52 pm

Now being way past half way down the bottle, Nikolai surely started to feel himself being affected by the alcohol. He wasn't drunk, but a bit tipsy. Listening to Vincent, he smiled and nodded. Once again, he drank a bit more, starting to quench his need for getting his mind off of things. Looking off to the side, he put his finger on top of the bottle, and tipped it slightly. "We do... What we have to do..." The Russian repeated, and put his hand around the vodka, but not lifting, or drinking more. He sat like that for a moment, before his grip around the bottle loosened. His hand hit the counter with a low sound. "That, you are right about, Comrade. Doing what we have to. Often, what we have to do, is what are told.." He spoke slowly, now looking Vincent straight in the eyes. "But... Comrade? When will you decide if you want to follow heart, or orders?" He asked, leaning forward and placing a clenched hand on Vincent's chest by the "heart" remark.
Kirith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahnt on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:21 pm

Vincent waited and listened as the man beside him repeated his words. Vincent was pretty sure there were some proverb said by some wise old guy long ago. But isn't everything? Maybe the Tall Biscuit had some secret meaning... But probably not. That famous drink they served, the Haunted Candle or whatever probably didn't either. Forgetting the ridiculous names of the bar, the Canadian turned his attention to Nikolai, who was once again speaking, agreeing with Vincent's words. However, he then asked a a question that required some thought. "I, uh... I don't know... My father always wanted me to be just like him, and I didn't want to disappoint him, so I just always went along with what he wanted..." Vincent explained, feeling uncomfortable. His father had always set expectations for him, and Vincent was afraid his father would grow to dislike him if he didn't meet those expectations.
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:04 pm

Nikolai leaned back again, inspecting the young cop with a strong look. Sighing, he looked away, and nodded. "Comrade, you are clever in your ways." He said, a slight neutral look on his face. Now, the Russian grabbed the vodka bottle and chugged some of the contents. More than he had previously. It was an attempt to remove most of the liquid he had bought earlier, and as he slammed the bottle back down, he breathed out heavily, and shook his head slightly, only feeling how strong the alcohol was that way. He didn't bother to cap the bottle, since it'd be thrown away anyway. "There are times where you want to forget what your dad told you about... This job. You may, one day, stare in the eyes your biggest nightmare, comrade. When this comes. Follow heart. You may regret not." He said, and got up from his chair, in a more stable manner than most people would expect. He had gotten his drink, and his mind wasn't really set on anything in particular, so he felt content with the trip to the bar. "We can go back now. Don't want you to be here if you not want to. You're a good guy, Vincent. Stay that way." What he said didn't really make sense in any particular context, but he did speak his mind.
Kirith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahnt on Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:59 pm

Vincent stared at Nikolai, something like surprise in his eyes. Nobody had ever referred to him as clever before. It was nice to get credit for having a brain for once. Sure, this man had a somewhat frightening way of asking questions sometimes, but Vincent was pretty sure he liked him. The Canadian was content to sit in silence, pondering over the compliment he had just received, while watching Nikolai drink still more of the vodka. He was almost startled when the man beside him spoke again. "Oh, okay... Yeah" he replied, nodding. Vincent copier Nikolai, surprised with how smoothly the older man stood up. As the two officers began to walk out of the bar, Nikolai threwent out another compliment. This time, Vincent couldn't help but smile. "Thank you, sir" he said, beaming at Nikolai as they exited the bar and headed towards the car.
Zahnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirith on Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:17 am

Nikolai swung the door open with a steady push, holding it open for as long as he could until he had passed it. Walking in the direction of the car, the Russian man sighed, feeling his consciousness was heavier than before. He didn't really mind though. His mind slipping, and turning into an "alternate reality" was exactly what he wished for. Taking one of the deepest breaths of his life, he coughed heavily, feeling a rough scratch in his throat. If he was going to stop smoking? Nah. He had no wish to live a long life, either way. Thinking about where he had come from, Nikolai stopped for a moment, only reacting once he sensed Vincent's presence by him. A loud sound of silence embraced the area, before Nikolai realized they were just by the car. "We head back now, right, comrade?" He asked, trying the door of the car, only to come to the conclusion that it was locked.
Kirith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top